School CounselorKaty LinforthEmail: KLinforth@Washingtonusd.orgPhone: 831-222-0024Welcome back to a new school year! I would like to introduce myself and let you know about the school counseling services offered by Washington Union School District. My name is Katy Linforth. This will be my third year with WUSD and I am excited to be part of your student’s educational team. As your school counselor, I am here to help ALL students be successful socially, emotionally, and behaviorally so they may access their education without barriers.
Here’s what I do at our school:
- Classroom Lessons – I visit classrooms to teach social-emotional skills such as feelings, communication, problem-solving, diversity, respect, etc.
- Small Group Counseling – I facilitate groups which give students the experience of working with two or more students to express and understand feelings, discover problem-solving strategies and identify support systems.
- Individual Counseling – I work with students to explore feelings, thoughts, and behaviors in a confidential, one-on-one setting.
- Consultation with Staff/Parents – I am available to meet/talk with teachers and parents to help support students and to provide resources and education about issues regarding child development.
Here’s what you should know about me:
Suggested Web Sites**Please explore the tabs to the left for more resources.Caution: Please talk with your student to see if they are talking about or watching the Netflix show ‘13 Reasons Why’.... Considerations here and here regarding the potentially dangerous impact of the show's message regarding suicide and valuable talking points you can use to help your child process what they may have seen or heard.
- I am ONE part of the team that works to help your child succeed.
- I like to get to know ALL students so they may feel connected and safe while they’re at school. I do my best to be present and accessible around campus.
- I respect your right and your child’s right to privacy. Confidentiality is a big part of my job.
- I invite parents to reach out with questions, concerns, and to share positive things about your child. I share resources and contact information on my website at www.washingtonusd.org/domain/182
- I love the work that I get to do as a school counselor and I feel very passionate about helping children become respectful and responsible citizens!