School CounselorAbel CoronelEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgI would like to introduce myself and let you know about the school counseling services offered by Washington Union School District. This is my first year with WUSD and I am excited to be part of your student's educational team. As your school counselor, I am here to help ALL students be successful socially, emotionally, and behaviorally, so they may access their education without barriers.
Here’s what I do at our school:
- Classroom Lessons – I visit classrooms to teach social-emotional skills such as feelings, communication, problem-solving, diversity, respect, etc.
- Small Group Counseling – I facilitate groups which give students the experience of working with two or more students to express and understand feelings, discover problem-solving strategies and identify support systems.
- Individual Counseling – I work with students to explore feelings, thoughts, and behaviors in a confidential, one-on-one setting.
- Consultation with Staff/Parents – I am available to meet/talk with teachers and parents to help support students and to provide resources and education about issues regarding child development.
Here’s what you should know about me:
Suggested Web SitesSpecial Topics:**Please explore the tabs to the left for more resources.Parent Recommended Resources: If you have any helpful resources that you would like to share, please send them to me at KLinforth@washingtonusd.org
- I am ONE part of the team that works to help your child succeed.
- I like to get to know ALL students so they may feel connected and safe while they’re at school. I do my best to be present and accessible around campus.
- I respect your right and your child’s right to privacy. Confidentiality is a big part of my job.
- I invite parents to reach out with questions, concerns, and to share positive things about your child. I share resources and contact information on my website.
- I love the work that I get to do as a school counselor and I feel very passionate about helping children become respectful and responsible citizens!