Note: Due to COVID-19, many of our usual events are postponed for the 2020-21 year.
Our monthly meetings will be held via Zoom.
If you are able, we would still appreciate your support - all donations will go back to our WUSD schools!
JOIN TODAY! Purchase your Membership online here:
What is Parents’ Club?
Parents’ Club is an organization made up of parents and teachers whose common goal is to foster community and school spirit. We host family-friendly fundraising events to provide services and financial support to our three District school sites.
How are the funds used?
Parents’ Club money goes directly back to the schools – some is allocated for specific uses and the rest is divided at the end of the school year amongst the three schools. Most years the District receives around $20,000 from Parents’ Club. Each school receives the same amount per student and decides how to best use the money to benefit that school site.
- Parents’ Club funds also provide a Disaster Preparedness Kit for each District child.
- In past years our funds have been used to host special school assemblies, fund scholarships, purchase equipment like Bee-Bots and Chromebooks and install wireless access points.
- Parents’ Club gives a $100 monetary gift twice a year to the credentialed teachers at each school to purchase supplemental classroom resources.
What does it cost? Family Membership is $40/Year:
Membership forms were mailed out to your family by the District.
You may also pick up a form at any of our schools, or complete our membership form and pay dues through our online store here: https://wusd-parents-club.square.site/
To thank you for your contribution you will receive:
- a $5 coupon towards purchase of our limited edition WUSD Spirit Wear
- a PDF Directory of WUSD Parents’ Club Member Families
More ways to get involved:
- Come join us for our monthly meetings, we’d love to see you! We meet the second Thursday of each month at 6:00pm in the Toro Park School Multipurpose Room (MPR). Meetings will be held via Zoom for the 2020-2021 year until further notice.
- Sign up to be a virtual Parents' Club Representative for your child's classroom.
- Volunteer your time to help – even an hour or two makes a difference! Virtual opportunities will be discussed during the monthly meetings.
- Donate to our organization directly; corporate donations also welcome!
Connect with us:
- Like us on Facebook for Parents’ Club and school updates! https://www.facebook.com/WUSDParentsClub/
- Questions or ideas? Please contact our Parents' Club President, Gina Kooiman at email@example.com